Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[API Usage Java]askUvPointsContainment

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

int[] askUvPointsContainment(int nUvs, double uParms,double vParms,Tag faceEid).

The documents say uParms and vParms is a Array of u parameters of 2D points,but double type cant represent an array in java .

8 REPLIES

Re: [API Usage Java]askUvPointsContainment

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The documentation isn't clear, but they probably mean you need to pass in an array of double value types for the U and V parameters.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you.

I tried pass an double array ,it can't compile or run . and i tried just give a double for uv parameter, but the return value is wrong.

Phenom
Phenom

Actually the original C function takes two pointers to double arrays:

int UF_MODL_ask_uv_points_containment
(
int n_uvs,
double * u_parms,
double * v_parms,
tag_t face_eid,
int * pts_status
)

As Java does not have pointers as such, I'm not sure how you'd call this...

Maybe ask GTAC for help in this case... 

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: [NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit] Testing: [NX12.0.0.27 MP1]

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Inch that it should be reported to GTAC; they can show us the proper usage, or it may be a bug. I tried to write some VB code for it and got an error "NXException: data is not correct". When I use an array, the compiler complains that it must be a double; when I use a double, I get the error mentioned previously.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes, Cowski and Graham are correct, this should be reported to GTAC.  It looks like the original C function was not wrapped properly for use in the .Net or Java NXOpen kits.  GTAC will convert your IR to a Problem Report so that the development team can work to resolve it.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you all.

I use createpoint  function and a loop to generate mass points instead. the

PointSetBuilder

Api  can create a set of points on a face,but it's function 

getCommittedObjects

seems always return nothing too.

BTW,i don't know how to contact GTAC.Maybe you guys could help me .

Siemens Phenom

Start with this page:

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/

Near the upper left corner, expand the drop-down menu that says "Contact Support".  Under that, there is a link for "GTAC Operating Hours and Phone Menu".  I am in North America, so when I go to that page, I see the information that is appropriate locally; I suspect it might be different depending on where you are connecting from.  If you don't see local information, there is a link under the picture on the right side for "GTAC Global Support Telephone Numbers".

If you report a problem that requires a software fix, then once it is fixed, GTAC will alert you, so you know what version contains the fix.

Thanks!

Siemens Phenom

PointSetBuilder inherits from FeatureBuilder and creates a Feature. Commit() returns a NXObject and GetCommittedObjects() returns an array of NXObjects.

To get the Feature, use the CommitFeature() method, which returns the Feature, or the GetFeature() method.