cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to get operation details

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi All,

I am looking to capture all the parameters related to an operation using API. (C, CPP or C#)

I came across following methods

1) Using builder for each operation - Difficult to automate due to large number of operation types.

2) Using ufunc codes (PARAM) - For some reason, I am unable to get values from ufunc code.

I would like to have a generic API which gives me operation parameters (Eg: cut feed rate, SFM, Tooldescription etc) irrespective of operation type.(Facing/teach mode etc.)

Is there a generic API to get operation parameters?

Thanks,

Faisal Ahmed

2 REPLIES

Re: API to get operation details

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You may want to know what type of operation it is, as some parameters may be specific to certain operation types.

But to get started, search these forums for "GetNCObjectParam"  look for a VB program (journal) posted by Stefan Pendl - this reports all the params available from API for an operation.

Note there may be limits on what you can get in API for legacy PTP (drilling) and sequential mill operations

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Re: API to get operation details

Creating the builders is not hard, once you have a sample. Attached is a boilerplate you can use to create a builder for each operation type.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens