Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Accessing data produced by 'SolidPropertyCheckBuilder'?

[ Edited ]

To all,

I am looking at a possibility of writing a small piece of code to get the Solid Properties of a FEM using a group-based approach. The current idea is to returm a "table" of data the way I want it;

group1,Mass,cofg,XcofgY,cofgZ,inertiaX,inertiaY,inertiaZ

group2,Mass,cofg,XcofgY,cofgZ,inertiaX,inertiaY,inertiaZ

group3,Mass,cofg,XcofgY,cofgZ,inertiaX,inertiaY,inertiaZ

etc...

Looking the at the doc it seems that the API 'SolidPropertyCheckBuilder' is the one to use but I cannot find how to access the data produced. ie the data "printed" to the info window

I hope that once the output is accessed (a string() ?) I can parse it to access the data I want/need

Any ideas?

Thanks

Regards

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author selex_ct
‎11-06-2016 04:29 AM

Re: Accessing data produced by 'SolidPropertyCheckBuilder'?

Before calling the SolidPropertyCheckBuilder, change the Listing windows device to text file. So all the output will be written in a text file that you can parse later.  Check the ListingWindows Documentation:

void NXOpen::ListingWindow:Smiley FrustratedelectDevice(NXOpen::ListingWindow:Smiley Very HappyeviceType deviceType,
  const NXStringfileName 
 )  

Changes where the listing window output is sent.

The listing window output can be sent to the Information window of the Unigraphics session, to a file, or to both.

Note: file output is buffered. If file output is used, the buffer will not be flushed until the output device is changed again. E.g.

ListingWindow.SelectDevice(File, "log.txt")
ListingWindow.Open()
ListingWindow.WriteLine("output")
ListingWindow.Close()
' buffer is not flushed yet
ListingWindow.SelectDevice(Window, "")
' now the buffer is flushed

Thanks for that

So when I "execute" the SolidPropertyCheckBuilder the data will be automatically written to whatever file I specify? And then I just need to parse the file for the info I need

Thanks

Regards

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Yes.