cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add or Remove Buttons on Custom Group or Gallery

Creator
Creator

How do you enable the "Add or Remove Button" option for any custom Group, Gallery, Drop Down Menu that is created?  I think this would allow my custom Groups, Galleries, etc. to have a Reset Option as well for that Gallery, Group, etc...

2017-01-20_17-57-23.png

Thank you,

9 REPLIES

Re: Add or Remove Buttons on Custom Group or Gallery

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think that the "My ..." sections are only there to better visualize what you have done.

To change them you need to select them inside of the "All ..." sections.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Creator
Creator

The Groups, Galleries, etc. that I create don't show up in the "All..." Sections.  Even when I place a Gallery or Group on a Tab, they don't show up there either...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are your groups application specific?

Can't you just edit them in the ribbon tab where they are displayed?

Dragging an item to the group or gallery, will add it.

To remove an item you just drag it into the graphics area, may be there is a remove option in the context menu of the item too.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Creator
Creator

No, I haven't made the Galleries or Groups Application Specific to my knowledge, but I don't think that''s germaine to what I'm looking for...

That "Add or Remove Buttons" functionality allows the Gallery or Group Object to be modified for which Commands are visible/selectable within the Gallery/Group and doesn't permanently change the Gallery/Group and allows the Gallery/Group to be reset...

Below are examples of a Gallery "Sketch Curve" which is standard OOTB (Out Of The Box) in the NX11 interface and a similar custom "Sketch Curves" Gallery which I created as an example for comparison to demonstrate the behavior I'm interested in duplicating in some custom Galleries/Groups, etc.

With the Customize Interface Active, you can see there is a Drop Down Arrow for each Gallery...  When you select that Drop Down Arrow for each Gallery, you see the difference with whether the "Add or Remove Buttons" Options is selected/active or not...

SketchCurve.png  SketchCurves.png

Being able to "Reset Gallery" or easily select and choose which Commands to display in a Gallery is highly attractive from an interface flexibility standpoint...  At least in my opinion...  I'd just like to learn how this is accomplished in the OOTB Gallery and how I can implement this functionality in my Custom Galleries.

Thank you,

I'm not sure if this is part of the issue, but FYI - reset actually removes interactive customizations, and restores the UI to the definition in the text files. If you define your own gallery with text files, then users should be ablke to add/remove commands, and always reset to get back to your definition.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

Ah, there's the answer! creating Galleries with text files to get what I want.  Is there some Siemens NX documentation that you can direct me to so I can learn how to create Galleries and Groups with text files?

Siemens needs to include that functionality in the interactive environment for creating customized Galleries/Groups, etc.

Thank you,

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Interactive changing of the ribbon is more targeted to single users, since they are very hard to deploy and maintain for multiple users.

For site-wide changes and customization the text files are recommended, since there you have full control and changes to them are automatically forwarded to all users using them.

This is another helpful document about using text files. We put it out to help in the transition from toolbars to the ribbon.

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/unigraphics/ugdoc/nx9/nx-9.0.0/NX_Ribbon-Cu...

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens