Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assembly clearance analysis - Clearance set status (NX9)

[ Edited ]

Hi to all

I have the following issue.

I'm working on a application to run an "completely automated" Assembly clearance analysis on assemblies we work with. What that means is that the component selection, parameter input, and relevant results are displayed automatically in a created form. 

Using Assemblies.ClearanceSet.Summary I get the relevant information I need like number of interferences, number of hard interferences ect. except the "status" of the Clearance Set. The idea is that the status of a pair of hard interfering components, when checked by designer,  has to be either repaired (will disapear in the next analysis) or set to "Irrelevant".

What I want to check is that all Hard Interefernces have their status changed to "Irrelavant" when appropriate (e.g bolts/dovel pins, double parts ec). By default the status for the interfering paris in the report is "Undetemined". The problem here is I can't check that property, even after I searched the api-help I can't seem to find any mention of it.

There is a workaround, which involves exporting the Assembly clearance analysis report to Excel, where status of pairs is visible, running a VBA code to check the status, send an info to NX and then close the Excel (not very elegant). The other one is that the designer has to "ignore" hard interferences as a way of dismissing them.

So my question would be: Is there a way to get the interference pair status information in NX/ Is there a property I can get from the summary that will tell me that?

thanks for the help

p.s- hope the thread form is ok, it's my first post Smiley Happy

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG