cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate shop docs output

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello All, 

I'm working on an automation project and I would like to know if anybody knows how to create a HTML shop doc automatically. I would prefer to write it in the journal code, but I am not sure this is possible as shop documentation is not a recordable event. I think it is possible to write it in the post processor but I don't know how to make that happen. If anyone has has any examples/opinions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Ron

NX10.0.2.6

Windows 7

3 REPLIES

Re: Automate shop docs output

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

1) Record a journal while creating a Shop Doc.  Code should be pretty easy to understand.

2) Yes, I create the HTML file as part of posting.  I save all info in tcl arrays as I post (operation names, tool numbers & names, adjust registers, path times, etc.)  Then in the "end of program" I create the HTML file using regular tcl code.  I have a shared set of procs I "source" into all my posts.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Creation of a Shop Doc is NOT a recordable event for journaling. I'll do some searching to see if I can find said procs.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Doh! you said that (journal) in your original post.

If you look in the .Net API reference, there is a UFShopdoc class (at least in NX10 API).  This has a generatedoc() method, which is a wrapper for the legacy UF_SHOPDOC_generate_doc()

Hopefully that will get you going...

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled