Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate shop docs output

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello All, 

I'm working on an automation project and I would like to know if anybody knows how to create a HTML shop doc automatically. I would prefer to write it in the journal code, but I am not sure this is possible as shop documentation is not a recordable event. I think it is possible to write it in the post processor but I don't know how to make that happen. If anyone has has any examples/opinions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Ron

NX10.0.2.6

Windows 7

3 REPLIES

Re: Automate shop docs output

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

1) Record a journal while creating a Shop Doc.  Code should be pretty easy to understand.

2) Yes, I create the HTML file as part of posting.  I save all info in tcl arrays as I post (operation names, tool numbers & names, adjust registers, path times, etc.)  Then in the "end of program" I create the HTML file using regular tcl code.  I have a shared set of procs I "source" into all my posts.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Creation of a Shop Doc is NOT a recordable event for journaling. I'll do some searching to see if I can find said procs.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Doh! you said that (journal) in your original post.

If you look in the .Net API reference, there is a UFShopdoc class (at least in NX10 API).  This has a generatedoc() method, which is a wrapper for the legacy UF_SHOPDOC_generate_doc()

Hopefully that will get you going...

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled