Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatically starting UGOpen program in NX

I have a UGOpen program written in C++ that I would like to load when I start NX 9.01.  This DLL also has a menu and some buttons on the UI Ribbon.

Today, I have to do File/All Applications/MyUGOpenDLL    to make it load.  After this, I can then click on the buttons or go to Menu/MyUGOpenDLL/SomeCommand1 and run the new commands.

Is there a way to automatically load the UGOpen DLL at NX startup so I don't have to do all those extra clicks at startup?

Thanks for any help,

Mark

3 REPLIES

Re: Automatically starting UGOpen program in NX

Go somewhere convenient and create a folder named 'startup' and in this folder place your dll's.

Now set the following enviroment variable:

UGII_USER_DIR=<full path to the folder in which you placed the 'startup' folder>

The above path does NOT include the 'startup' folder just to the last folder in the path BEFORE the 'startup' folder.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Couldn't you also edit the "custom_dirs.dat" file under "%UGII_BASE_DIR%/menus" to include the path to the startup folder directory?

custom_dirs.dat is one of the many options to specify a "vendor" folder.

If you check ugii_env_ug.dat for the file, you will notice that there are more variables to specify such locations and with some you also implement some levels, like site, department/group or user.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community