Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block UI Styler - Can't find file *.dlx (env_var issue)

Legend
Legend

NX1855, NXOpen, VS2017

Hi, can someone let me know where to place the env variable for the *.dlx file to be found by NX upon execution of the DLL. 

I've tried:

UGII_USER_DIR=C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\block\block\bin\Debug (*in ugii_env_ug.dat)

UGII_USER_DIR=C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\block\block\bin\Debug\startup (*in ugii_env_ug.dat)

UGII_USER_DIR=C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\block\block\bin\Debug (*in custom_dirs.dat)

UGII_USER_DIR=C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\block\block\bin\Debug\startup (*in custom_dirs.dat)

Windows 10 > Environment variables > System Variables

UGII_USER_DIR=C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\block\block\bin\Debug

UGII_USER_DIR=C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\block\block\bin\Debug\startup

^^ None of the above worked and still couldn't find the *.dlx file

If however I declared the path in the code, everything works fine. 

theSession = Session.GetSession();
theUI = UI.GetUI();
//theDlxFileName = "C:\\Users\\CWilson\\Desktop\\block\\block\\bin\\Debug\\BlocktestUI.dlx";   <=== works fine
theDlxFileName = "BlocktestUI.dlx";                                                            <=== does not work
theDialog = theUI.CreateDialog(theDlxFileName); theDialog.AddApplyHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.Apply(apply_cb)); theDialog.AddOkHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.Ok(ok_cb)); theDialog.AddUpdateHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.Update(update_cb)); theDialog.AddInitializeHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.Initialize(initialize_cb)); theDialog.AddDialogShownHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.DialogShown(dialogShown_cb));

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Block UI Styler - Can't find file *.dlx (env_var issue)

Legend
Legend

Ignore, found the solution.

1) Create a custom folder for the plugin e.g. C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\Custom

2) Add "application" e.g. C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\Custom\application\

3) Add "startup" e.g. C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\Custom\startup\

4) Save *.dlx into "application" folder

5) Save *.dll into "startup" folder

6) Add variable to custom plugin folder into ugii_env_ug.dat e.g. UGII_USER_DIR=C:\Users\CWilson\Desktop\Custom

and it works.

Betreff: Block UI Styler - Can't find file *.dlx (env_var issue)

Legend
Legend

NX searches in the subdirectory named appliction for the dlx files.

Regards,

Jan

Edit: Smiley Happy to late

Jan Böttcher
Highlighted

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There is code available in this forum to embed the DLX file into the DLL, no more hassle ;-)

Search for Embedded_DLX to find it.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Legend
Legend

@Stefan_Pendl 

That would certainly work and make things easier to manage. I'll see if I can convert this idea into C# and make it work. 

Appreciate the heads up. I knew you could ILmerge dlls into exe but didn't know you could embed xml into a dll. Interesting, thanks to JimB Smiley Happy

Legend
Legend

Found a way to get DLX to load without having to code too much. Although embedding the dlx works fine, this one only requires +2 extra lines of code to make it work. No need to set ugii_env variables, just place your blockUI's DLX in the same folder where the DLL is residing and done. Hope this helps anyone.

C#
+: using System.IO; +: public static string pathToDLX = Path.GetFullPath(Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory)); \: theDlxFileName = pathToDLX + "\\BlocktestUI.dlx";

blockUI_path.jpg