Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block UI styler in NX

Hello all,

Is there any proper or documented guidelines to study about BLOCK UI styler option in NX11?

I have managed some how to develop an UI in that but it generates only ".dlx" file ,but nx reads again only ".dll",can anyone helpme in that too?

how to get input from a text box (user input in the block UI styler ),then search that part number in Teamcenter and assemble it ?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Block UI styler in NX

Legend
Legend

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Start here.

The "Getting Started with NX/Open" guide has a chapter on using Block Styler.

山田
yamada

I have already read your post.But since i had some specific doubt i raised as a question.
My question was while saving in Block NX styler it saves in .dlx format while executing it again in NXopen it fails.

Since i m bit new to programming in NX i m asking it again.

Thanks .

Siemens Phenom

Did you read chapter 14 of the "Getting Started with NX/Open" guide?

It contains the following paragraph:

The overall process of developing a BlockDialog is as follows:
 You use Block UI Styler to choose the blocks you want, and arrange them on your dialog
 Block UI Styler creates a “dlx” file, and also some template code
 You edit the template code to define the behavior you want
 At run-time, NX uses the dlx file plus your code to control the appearance and operation of the dialog
The process is illustrated in the following figure, and further details are provided below.

You wrote:

> while executing it again in NXopen it fails.

From your earlier message, it sounds like you were trying to execute the DLX file. That won't work.

You say "it fails". What happens? Does an error message appear? What does it say?

山田
yamada

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply.
As You have mentioned .dlx file couldnt be opened ,so i will go through the guide clearly and try to do it.
If i have any queries ,ll write again.

Siemens Phenom

dlx file couldnt be opened

Well, it certainly can't be executed, anyway. A dlx file is just an XML file that describes the layout of the blocks on a dialog; it isn't a program that can be executed. 

山田
yamada