Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlockStyler ListBox can have Move Up/Down buttons but has no handler callback!

Phenom
Phenom

I have designed a BlockStyler dialog with a ListBox on it and I've turned on the Delete button and the Move Up/Down buttons.

Because the ListBox gets populated using the contents of a List<String> I added the handler to deal with the Delete button so I could keep the List<String> up to date with the ListBox contents:

listBox.setDeleteHandler()

However, it looks like ListBox does not have a handler for the Move Up/Down buttons! So if I click these, the display of the list changes, but my List<String> that is used to populate the ListBox is not changed.

Can someone confirm that this is an omission, if so I'll open an IR.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5
2 REPLIES

Re: BlockStyler ListBox can have Move Up/Down buttons but has no handler callback!

Phenom
Phenom

I've opened an IR (7411188) regarding this..

Re: BlockStyler ListBox can have Move Up/Down buttons but has no handler callback!

Phenom
Phenom

It seems that the option to supply a user method to handle the Move Up/Down function of the ListBox is just not provided at present.

I've had this converted to an ER and used the SetList block as an example of what I expect to be done. SetList has the same options of turning on the Move Up/Down buttons, but it provides a setReorderObserver() method to allow the user to provide a callback to execute to handle this action.

This isn't going to happen any time soon I guess so I'm stuck with adding my own Move Up/Down buttons and ignoring the built-in ones.