Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BlockStyler Specify Orientation

I want to use BlockStyler Specify Orientation Manipulator.

But i am unabel to set a selection scope to the assembly level to select snap point.

Working on NX8.0.3

(view in My Videos)

5 REPLIES

Re: BlockStyler Specify Orientation

What selection scope have you enabled in the block styler definition for this selection block?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

There is no scope for this in selection block in NX 8.0.3.4.

Is there a option in NX10?

If i click on the point icon in the block i get a point constructor that is able to select interpart obects.

It would be easyer to do it direct.

No, there is none either.

Is any regular selection dialog using the orientation block allowing interpart selection?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Orient WCS can use this..

Move Component can use this...

If Specify Orientation behaves like Specify Csys, the only option I have found that allows the scope to include the entire assembly is dynamic.  Are you able to use the Specify Csys block instead?  However, in NX 9.03 I just filed an ER that was converted to PR 7749003 in which the origin and orientation information returned while in an assembly context was wrong while using dynamic.  All other Specify Csys options worked fine, but those options selection scope is limited to the work part only.  If you are not working in an assembly this could be an option.