Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

BoundaryMillingSet in NXOpen.CAM

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to aquire a BoundaryMillingSet from a SurfaceContour operation. I am successful with selecting a SurfaceContour operation and can access the cutting tool, various cutting and non-cutting parameters, but if the drive method is boundary, I cannot figure out how to access the boundaries selected within the operation. Looking through the Object Browser in VS, I think I want the BoundaryMillingSet, as it has all of the parameters I want to be able to modify. It looks fairly doable to then access the MemberList for going through each selected curve in the boundary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a rough snip of where I am at with this:

Dim camObject As NXObject = NXObjectManager.Get(camObjectTag)
Dim WorkPart As Part = theSession.Parts.Work
Dim bndOperation As CAM.Operation
Dim surfaceContourBuilder1 As CAM.SurfaceContourBuilder

Dim bnds() As CAM.Boundary
Dim bndSet As CAM.BoundarySet
Dim bnsSetLst As CAM.BoundarySetList
Dim bndMillSet As CAM.BoundaryMillingSet

Dim operationBuilder As CAM.OperationBuilder = Nothing
'Check if the object is an Operation
If TypeOf camObject Is CAM.Operation Then
    Dim operationType As Integer
    Dim operationSubtype As Integer
        theUfSession.Obj.AskTypeAndSubtype(camObjectTag, operationType, operationSubtype)

If operationSubtype = 210 Then bndOperation = CType(WorkPart.CAMSetup.CAMOperationCollection.FindObject(camObject.Name), CAM.Operation) surfaceContourBuilder1 = WorkPart.CAMSetup.CAMOperationCollection.CreateSurfaceContourBuilder(bndOperation) ' Need to access the BoundaryMillSet here... End If End If
4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author rvogel
‎12-01-2015 10:45 PM

Re: BoundaryMillingSet in NXOpen.CAM

Which boundaries are you looking for?

If they are the trim boundaries, then you can get to them in the .net API.

If this is about boundary drive method, then you cannot use .net until the boundary UI is updated. You should be able to get to them in the old UI with ufunc.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Yes, I'm concerned with the Boundary Drive method. I'm not familiar with your reference to the old UI with ufunc. Can you point me to reference material for that?

The ufunc wrappers are contained in the NXOpen.UF namespace for .NET

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

In the NX 9 .net API reference, you can go to Contents -> User function reference -> uf_cam.html -> uf_cambnd.html

This page lists the available UF functions for working with CAM boundary objects. The location is probably similar for other recent versions. The function names on this page will look something like:

UF_CAMBND_ask_boundaries

For the .net wrapped version you will need a reference to the UFSession object and the call would look something like:

theUfSession.Cambnd.AskBoundaries({necessary parameters here})