Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Break all wave links

I'm sure its possible, but is there a journal, or something, that will break all of the wave links in a file?

Our policy, is to break the links before releasing, but some people forget, or if there are a lot of links, it can take awhile.  I'd like to automate it, if possible.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
6 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveK
‎03-10-2017 09:41 AM

Re: Break all wave links

[ Edited ]

One sample code is available on GTAC. It is for displayed part only.

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&q=wave+link&dt=nx-api&a...

Testing NX10 | NX11
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Why break all the links?

Note (not sure you have a license) there is also an option to "freeze" WAVE links (so they are still attached, and won't update, but if you un-freeze them they will update automatically).  Note I don't think you can do this on individual links - either all links ina part are frozen, or none are.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Too many headaches with live links.  People doing a "save as" on a file, which has live links to some other assembly.  Things then change in that assembly, and unexpected updates occur in the new file.

Personally, I have never seen live wave links work without problems, in the racing industry.  "Man law" has always been to "leave them live when working, but break before release, since they are easy enough to re-link".  Note, in some specific cases, we do leave them live.

I have a request in for the lilcense that will allow "freezing" too.

-Dave

You don't need any journal for that.

use the "interpart link browser"

Here you can review and break links in complete assembly

I believe that is part of the additional license, that I have the request in for.

-Dave

The relations browser as well as the link freezing feature are part of the wave license.

Generally the workflow would be as follows:

• open the top assembly
  • walk through each component at all levels
  • break each linked feature you stumble across during your walk

In addition I would disable model updates while walking the assembly and breaking the links.

Sorry, no source code to share, we are strictly keeping links active and un-frozen.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community