Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Change state of ribbon buttons dynamically

Dear All,

I am using the NX 10 Open Python API. Currently I try to enable/disable ribbon buttons event based for a custom ribbon that I have created with .rtb, .grb and .men files.

My goal is to enable/disable buttons such as the build-in "Edit Post View" button in the build-in Results ribbon. This button is visible but disabled (not clickable) by default and after a result file exists the button state changed to enabled (clickable).

In my case if have a similar situation where some buttons should be clickable only after some event occured. How can I add this button state change via the NX Open Python API?

Best regards,

Matthias

2 REPLIES

Re: Change state of ribbon buttons dynamically

Assuming your button was defined in a .MEN file, I think you can enable and disable it with the Python wrapper for the Open C call UF_MB_set_button_sensitivity().  You may also need UF_MB_ask_button_id().

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MatthiasH
‎04-04-2017 08:21 AM

Re: Change state of ribbon buttons dynamically

Thanks Steve for your reply. In the meanwhile I discovered a solution which is close to what you proposed. My solution is:

------------------------------------

import NXOpen
import NXOpen.MenuBar

state = NXOpen.MenuBar.MenuButtonSensitivityStatus.Insensitive
butns = ['MY_BTN_1',
                'MY_BTN_2']
for btn in butns:
    NXOpen.UI.GetUI().MenuBarManager.GetButtonFromName(btn).ButtonSensitivity = state

---------------------------------- 

Here I assume that the buttons MY_BTN_1 and MY_BTN_2 are defined in my own .men file