Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the default weld symbol size in Drafting

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello!

I want to change the default weld symbol size (Symbol Size Factor) from the current value of 3 to a more reasonable 1. How do I change this parameter?

I know that my NX admin team can do this, but I'm asking this here since that team is not easily accessible. 

5 REPLIES

Re: Change the default weld symbol size in Drafting

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Arv,

all our customer default are shared and our new drafting point to shared customer default.

In the customer default there is the setting.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey @cubalibre00,

I tried changing that setting after setting the standard to Custom.

Even after I restart NX after changing this setting, the same huge symbol appears when I create a new weld symbol.

Also, could you please show me where I can find those shared customer defaults that you mentioned in your post?

Weld Symbol Size 2.pngWeld Symbol Size 3.png

Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

drafting.png

Hi @Arv,

verify if in the customer default you have this setting:

cu.png

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

As this is a drafting setting, it is likely a "part" (vs. "session") customer default.

Part level defaults are only used when creating a new part FROM SCRATCH (i.e. File -> New dialog, "Blank" option)

So if you are starting with a blank part, then you need to set in customer defaults.

If you are starting using a template part (You don't say, but if you are using Teamcenter you pretty much HAVE to use an existing template part) then you have to fix the setting in the template part (which you may not have access to)

Until you get the customer default and/or seed part(s) fixed, you might want to record a journal to replay & fix this every time you open a new part.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey @Ken_A,

Your way should be the proper way to fix my issue, but the above solution hotfixed my problem for now. I dont need weld symbols in a lot of my drawings, but I need a lot of them at once when I do need them.

I'm just waiting for a decent number of issues to pile up before I send them over to my admin team (they are offshore and have a non-english background, so not very accessible as I mentioned previously). As you suggested, I'll add this template modification to that list.

Thank you!