Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the "File > Open" location

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

We want to change the File > Open location for NX10. Currently, NX will go to the last place that a file was opened from. This is written in the registry here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\9.0\General\Parts\Recent\Native]

This key is written at File > Exit from what I can tell. When I open multiple parts, from multiple locations the UG Native Part Name 1 (2, 3, 4..) and UG Native desc name 1 (2, 3, 4..) change accordingly with the 1 version being the last part that I did a File > Open operation to.

If I wipe out this key and restart NX, I still go to the last directory I opened a file from.

Is there a way to control this? I launch NX using a batch file setting some variables on launch.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES

Re: Changing the "File > Open" location

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The file open location is remembered by Windows not NX directly.

It doesn't have anything to do with the recent files list you found in the registry.

I don't think it will be easy to control this.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Legend
Legend

You can set the customer default -> Gateway -> General -> Directories tab -> Part File Directory.  But this will only work for the first time you open the part when NX session is started.

I thinkg other option is to use the user exit when File->Open is selected.  You can write a routine using UF_UI_set_dialog_directory(UF_UI_PART_DIR, "X:\\").  This will set the directory for the File->Open dialog to X:.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
If you use a shortcut to your batch file you can set a "start in" folder.
W10 NX11.0.1 almost NX12.0.0.27