Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing the "File > Open" location

We want to change the File > Open location for NX10. Currently, NX will go to the last place that a file was opened from. This is written in the registry here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\9.0\General\Parts\Recent\Native]

This key is written at File > Exit from what I can tell. When I open multiple parts, from multiple locations the UG Native Part Name 1 (2, 3, 4..) and UG Native desc name 1 (2, 3, 4..) change accordingly with the 1 version being the last part that I did a File > Open operation to.

If I wipe out this key and restart NX, I still go to the last directory I opened a file from.

Is there a way to control this? I launch NX using a batch file setting some variables on launch.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES

Re: Changing the "File > Open" location

The file open location is remembered by Windows not NX directly.

It doesn't have anything to do with the recent files list you found in the registry.

I don't think it will be easy to control this.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

You can set the customer default -> Gateway -> General -> Directories tab -> Part File Directory.  But this will only work for the first time you open the part when NX session is started.

I thinkg other option is to use the user exit when File->Open is selected.  You can write a routine using UF_UI_set_dialog_directory(UF_UI_PART_DIR, "X:\\").  This will set the directory for the File->Open dialog to X:.

If you use a shortcut to your batch file you can set a "start in" folder.
W10 NX11.0.1