cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between two UI Blocks

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Everyone,

I try to use an UI Block to select which step should follow. For this I use the toggle funktion of the IU Block Styler. I Also have an other UI Block for the following step. Both UI Blocks seperatly are working.

But I didn't find out how it is possible to open the following step by set a mark on a toggle in the firtst UI Block. It would be great if anybody can help me out.

Boebel

6 REPLIES

Re: Connection between two UI Blocks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It is not possible to open a second Block UI Styler dialog from the first one from several of the various block types.

We have documented the failure for these specific controls as part of a Problem Report submitted to development for resolution:

Enum	
SelectObject 
ListBox
Toggle
String
Integer
SpecifyPoint

It DOES work if you launch the second dialog from the update callback for an action button.  

Experimenter
Experimenter
How is it possible to launch the second Dialog? Do I need a special licence?

Siemens Phenom

It only uses the same licenses that were required to launch the first dialog.

We have an example program on the Solution Center called "Sample NX Open .NET C# program : post second block styler dialog from an action button in another".  You can find it easily if you search for nx_api5734.

There is also a VB version under nx_api3947.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Ok thanks, i'll have a look at the VB version.

Siemens Phenom

Note that UI designs requiring multiple levels of dialogs are not encouraged.

Better practice is to control the visibility (via the Show boolean attribute) of a Group or Tab block based on the toggle status. This can easily be done in the Update callback.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

This can be easily done by calling the Show() function of the second dialog in the update callback of the toggle in the first dialog.

Elias.