Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Creating an afu record to display freq. from nmodes as 'marker' - Opinion(s) sought?

To all,

Let’s say one creates a response from a random analysis (using the NX Response Simulation Module).

Could anyone suggest a way of adding frequencies of the normal modes as “marker”? I created an example in excel, see attached.

I do not believe there is such capability in NX so thinking about coding something

If one was to create a programme to execute such task, the work flow could be;

For graph plotted/displayed (in CAE.Xyplot) or maybe ask use to select an existig record

Select a response simulation

---by knowing which one to use one can get/access the normal modes I think

For each nmode frequency (In the freq. range defined)

Find the nearest f value in the select record data (X)

Get the Y value

Add to an output array (f nmode, yvalue)

Next

With the output array create a record

One then display both records  and change curve setting to 'No line'. I am sure a template can also be set up

This could be rather involving?

Can anyone thing of possible issues if one was to undertake such coding task?

Thanks

Regards

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
2 REPLIES

Re: Creating an afu record to display freq. from nmodes as 'marker' - Opinion(s) sought?

and attached is a example entirely done in NX

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author selex_ct
‎09-10-2016 04:31 AM

Re: Creating an afu record to display freq. from nmodes as 'marker' - Opinion(s) sought?

I don't know of an existing capability to do this, but it should all be very straightforward via NX Open.

You can access the modes using the CAE.ResponseSimulation.ModalProperties class. AFU records can be created/queried via the CAE.AfuManager class.