Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Curve collector's "Connected Curve" without the selection

Hello,

I currently have an unordered list of curves. I need to identify a subset of the list of curves that are touching,  end to end, within a tolerance. The functionality that I'm seeking already exists in the "Connected Curve" option of the Curve Collector's curve selection intent. In my case however, all the curves have already been acquired, so a selection is not desired. 

I'm wondering if the code that NX uses to determine how to select a chain of connected curves is available to us. I have been thus far unsucessful with any journal recording attempts, and my search through the API has been not helpful. 

Thanks,

jgolen

NX 9.0.3.4
MP13

NX 9.0.3.4 MP13
VB.net
Visual Studio 2015
5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jgolen
‎08-04-2016 01:23 PM

Re: Curve collector's "Connected Curve" without the selection

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&dt=nx-api&q=sample+prog...

If that link fails, please search the solution center for "nx_api639", and it should find the example.

This example works with an array of selected curves, but if you already have them you can just pass them into the sort_end_to_end() function.

Nice, this is exactly what I was looking for, however, I forgot to mention that I write in VB.net. Do you have any solutions in VB.net? Otherwise I will convert this.

Thanks
NX 9.0.3.4 MP13
VB.net
Visual Studio 2015

No, sorry, we don't have that one in VB.  But I think the UF calls are all available as wrappers, so hopefully it won't be too much trouble to translate the sorting logic.

No problem, I'm already in the process of converting it and it doesn't seem to be too much trouble. Thanks again for the file!
NX 9.0.3.4 MP13
VB.net
Visual Studio 2015

Hi,

Could you share your code showing "connected curves" selection in VB.net?

Thanks

Marcin