Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom toolbar

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

NX11 with TC 11

I've sccumulated a few journals over time, and as useful as they are, trying to get other users to use them, or even remember they exist is a challenge.  So, I'd like to create a new tab on the ribbon bar, which would be company specific.

I think I've figured out the syntax to create the actions, and buttons are just a function of taking the time to make them.  My question is, what variables do I need to set, and where do I locate the .tbr file?

Any tutorials on this out there?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
6 REPLIES

Re: Custom toolbar

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Go to this document in UGanswer

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/newsletter/NX-Ribbon-Customization-an...

If that link doesn't work, try searching on "NX_Ribbon-Customization_and_Transition"

Lots of cool stuff - ribbons specific to each application, etc.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

and (if you don't have it already) if you use Notepad++ to edit text files, search this forum for "Notepad++ customizations for NX"

There's languages defined for each of the ribbon/toolbar file types (plus lots of other NX related file types)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Legend
Legend

Here is the word document as a pdf.

Frank Swinkels

Gears Phenom

Raising this from the dead...

Added a button for a journal to my setup using @cowski tutorial:

http://nxjournaling.com/content/start-journal-custom-button

Now others would like it.

So, I created a .rtb file, and put it in ...NX110library\ToolBars\startup

The Ribbon tab shows up as expected.  Now, the original button info was added to my user.mtx.  Is there anyway to pull that info out, so I can paste it into this .rtb file?   

The NX help docs talk about editing a .grb file, to run a journal via button.  I found some .grb's in the NX install folder, but I'm not really sure what I am looking for, to know if it is setup for a journal, vs. something else?  (NX help files could use some examples)

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Here's a quick example, in the directory structure shown below, the nx folder is the UGII_SITE_DIR. The .men and .rtb file would go in the startup folder along with the journal and the graphic file (for the button icon). The .grb file would go in the UG_APP_MODELING folder (this is an example of a ribbon group that will only show up in the modeling application).

dir_structure.PNG

In my case, I set up a "company" entry in the main menu that holds some custom commands. The action for the menu entry is defined in the .men file. The .grb file uses the "button" defined in the .men file and adds the icon and tooltip message. In the .men file, the menuscript keywords are BUTTON, LABEL, and ACTIONS; you can change the text following these commands to meet your needs. The BUTTON name needs to match in the .men and .grb files.

Gears Phenom

So in my hacking around before your example, I did this, all within the NXcustom setup.

I had set NX_CUSTOM_TOOL_BARS=${NX_CUSTOM_LIB}\ToolBars\

Placed my CGR_NX.rtb in the startup folder, which reads:

TITLE CGR NX Tools *BETA*
VERSION 170
DOCK TOP

BUTTON Break All Wave Links
LABEL Break All Wave Links
BITMAP ${NX_CUSTOM_MENUS}\application\Bitmaps\rotate_about_point.bmp
ACTION ${NX_CUSTOM_LIB}\Journals\BreakAllWaveLinks.vb

SEPARATOR

BUTTON NX_Layer Tool
LABEL NX Layer Tool