cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Feature in NX11

Experimenter
Experimenter

Tried to build the Customized Feature "PolygonalHole" example given in 

C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\C++\CustomFeatures\PolygonalHole.

Q1: The below files are included in the cpp. Where the location of these files in the installed NX?

#include <pk.h>
#include <pk_ifails.h>
#include <pk_tokens.h>

Q2: Are the "Customized feature NXOpen C# libraries"  exposed in this version (NX11) so that I could create one?

Regards,

Anbu 

7 REPLIES

Re: Customized Feature in NX11

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The pk_... headers are part of the Parasolid Toolkit, which is a completely separate product from NX Open.

Some of the Custom Features examples have this note in the README.txt file:

-----
Note:
-----
1: This example requires parasolid library and header files which are compatible with the NX version on which custom feature will be used and is to be obtained by users from Parasolid.  

Unfortunately this note was not included in all of the examples that should have it, such as the one that you are trying to use.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you Steve for the quick update.
Regards,
Anbu

Experimenter
Experimenter

How to add a warning message to a custom feature?

I would like to set a "Warning Message" under certain conditions during feature update so that it is visible on the feature entry displayed in the part navigator.

Regards,

Anbu 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Used Feature.LogDiagnostic() method in NXOpen C#. The message is displayed in the Part Navigator when moving the cursor onto a Feature entry. But, I am not seeing the "Warning Alert" image on the navigator. Any help?

Regards,

Anbu

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

You need to specify last argument to LogDiagnostic as NXOpen::Features::Feature:: DiagnosticType::Warning. This should show Warning Alert Image on Part navigator node for feature

SE-Advanced
Siemens Industry Software

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi ShriGanesh,

Thank you for the reply.

I am doing this already. i.e

LogDiagnostic(error, msg, Feature.DiagnosticType.Warning);

If you add "Alert" column in the part navigator, the 'msg' is displayed, but the 'Alert Icon' is not displayed on the 'Feature' item (in the navigator).

Regards,
Anbu

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
In which call back of custom feature you are adding this Diagnostic to custom feature?
SE-Advanced
Siemens Industry Software