Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized batch : Internal memory access violation error

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have cutomized bacth scheduler add-in of NX which opens nx part and save it into customized format.

Doing following steps:

1. Opens NX part

2. Save to *.custom_format

3. Switch to Drafting

4. Save to *.custom_format

5. During processing I am switching between mdeoling and drafting mode

6. working with NXOpen::session object

7. At the time of closing batch, giving error as Internal memory access violation error 

How to solve this issue?

8 REPLIES

Re: Customized batch : Internal memory access violation error

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The NX syslog of the session should give you more details of what fails, it is usually kept in the UGII_TMP_DIR when an error raises.

You can also set UGII_KEEP_SYSTEM_LOG to 1 to force keeping it.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

And if you don't know where UGII_TMP_DIR is...

It is typically defined to the OS env variable "TMP" (not "TEMP", although they are typically the same place)

The syslog name is (your username)(gibberish).syslog.

I.e. if my username was "kakerb", it might be "%TMP%\kakerb160c5e7f.syslog"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter

Getting following error:

Hi Stefan and Ken
Getting following error from log.
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "o:\ugnx100\ip24\src\ugui\no\ind\uigblfunc.c" at line number 594
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "EVTLoop.cpp" at line number 1751
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "o:\ugnx100\ip24\src\ugui\no\ind\uigblfunc.c" at line number 397
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "o:\ugnx100\ip24\src\ugui\no\ind\mb_callbacks.c" at line number 1911
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "EVTLoop.cpp" at line number 1751
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "o:\ugnx100\ip24\src\ugui\no\ind\uigblfunc.c" at line number 397
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "o:\ugnx100\ip24\src\uginitint\no\ind\clink.c" at line number 714
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2, Internal error: memory access violation

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The lines starting with error don't help, since there is much more information in the syslog above and below them that help in resolving the issue.

It would be best to attach the syslog, you may want to remove the lines about sensitive data, like your license and webkey password before posting.

Generally signal 11 errors are usually not really resolvable, since NX crashed so hard, that the operating system is sending this error.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

Please find following uploaded file. Do you have any idea about how to free session objects?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The first thing that jumped out at me from your log is that you are running NX10.0 on Windows 10, which is not supported.  I'm pretty sure that the first release of NX that is supported on Windows 10 is NX10.0.3.

You also have several occurrences of this error:

*** EXCEPTION: Error code  1405019 ...
+++ Input tag is not a section view.

That seem to come from a program called ugconnector, so you will want to troubleshoot that to see if you can pass in the type of object that the function is expecting.

Of course it is impossible to tell at this point if fixing these two issues will resolve the problem that you mentioned, but it should be a good start.  If you resolve those and still have the original error, please post another syslog.  Thanks!

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am using open c calls for getting work part views. and passing current views to UF_DRAW_ask_sxline_of_sxview function. This function is breaking here. I am not getting why it is crashing at this point. Is any type casting available that converts view_tag to sxview_tag?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can ask whether the view tag is a section view or not with UF_DRAW_is_sxview().  If it is not a section view, it is not going to work with UF_DRAW_ask_sxline_of_sxview().