Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customizing ugii_env.dat

I'm trying to setup NX9 to use some customized settings by modifying ugii_env.dat.  If ugii_env.dat finds a certain file on the local hard drive, NX should include customization 1.  If ugii_env.dat does not find the file, NX should include customization 2.

Here is the current content of my ugii_env.dat:

###############################

#if FILE C:\temp\log.txt
#include U:\nx9\default\ugii_env_cust_1.dat
#else
#include U:\nx9\default\ugii_env_cust_2.dat
#endif

###############################

It seems to work but there still is an error in the syntax.  If the file log.txt exists, NX reads the first customization and starts fine.  If the file log.txt does not exist, NX will read the second file and start, but it also kicks up an error:

"The procedure entry point UG_DISP_regenerate_display could not be located in the dynamic link library libugopenint.dll."

Can someone give me the correct syntax to check for an ifthen statement in ugii_env.dat?

Allen Heindel

Crown Equipment Corporation

Allen Heindel
4 REPLIES

Re: Customizing ugii_env.dat

Hi Allen,

I realize that at first this is going to sound like I am answering a different question than you asked, but bear with me for a minute...

The error that you mentioned is almost certainly being thrown because a .DLL is being kicked off after that customization is successfully registered.  It is probably in a "startup" or "udo" folder, and it was probably built for a different version of NX than you are trying to work with.  A lot of the Open C calls got moved into different libs over the past few releases, so when you try to run one built for a different version, NX can't figure out where it lives.

Your log file probably contains clues.  I would be glad to look at it if you like.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply.  A syslog is attached.

Allen

Allen Heindel

There's no error in the log you've uploaded.

Repeat the error if you can and then upload that log file.

Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)
http://www.phoenxplm.com.au/email/2014_signature/signature_videoCenter.jpg

Hi,

Your code in the ugii_env.dat file seems to be correct.

I would think that the configuration behind ugii_env_cust_2.dat is wrong.

You could test that the best by swapping the 2 filenames and see if you get again an error message on the missing of teh file, or that you get it now when the file exists.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn