Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Delete body feature is not deleting bodies from part

[ Edited ]

Hi

Maybe my wording of the subject isn't to precise but I'll try to describe the problem.

I made a custom app that relies on a particular part having only 1 body under a working layer. The app works fine except in few instances. This few instances have in common that the "DELETE BODY" feature was used. The problem is visible if I make a sub to loop through the bodies of the working part where it will find more than I body even though you can't see them.

I have recreated the problem on a simple part and the result is the same and it's that delete body feature doesn't delete all the body data.

I have a few workarounds but I would like to know if this is an issue as in undesired behaviour or an error on my part.

Has anyone encountered this or if possible can try to recreate the problem on their own machine. (Simple sub to cycle through the bodies of a working part and count them will do. )

4 REPLIES

Re: Delete body feature is not deleting bodies from part

[ Edited ]

The "delete body" command creates a feature in the part navigator; it cannot completely delete the body information from the file or else you would not be able to get the body back when you suppress or delete the "delete body" feature. The "delete body" is more like "super hide body". Check the layer of the deleted body, it may be on a system layer (such as layer 0 or layer 257, etc). Here is a thread where someone ran into a similar issue.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for answer. I looked at the thread and I understand the issue. What I was supprised is that I collect the bodies even though I'm doing the loop through the layer 1 and when I check no other layer contains any objects. 

I tested the theory in another way and before deleting the bodies I placed them under a different layer. Then it worked aka there were no bodies under layer 1.

Conclusion: After using "Delete bodies" feature, deleted bodies are still under layer 1 in a sense they can be picked by a journal that cycles through workpart/layer bodies, unless they have been placed in another layer prior to deletion.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JakovM
‎05-16-2017 06:16 AM

[ Edited ]

I ran into a similar issue a couple of years ago. Below is a small journal that I wrote when I was exploring the issue. There is probably a better way to identify a deleted body, but this is what I have for now. The code just finds all solid bodies and puts them into a list; then it searches the features for "delete body" features and removes the bodies referenced by any delete body features found.

Option Strict Off

Imports System
Imports System.Collections.Generic
Imports NXOpen
Imports NXOpen.UF

Module Module27
    Sub Main()

Dim theSession As Session = Session.GetSession()
        Dim workPart As Part = theSession.Parts.Work
        Dim displayPart As Part = theSession.Parts.Display
        Dim ufs As UFSession = UFSession.GetUFSession()

Dim lw As ListingWindow = theSession.ListingWindow
        lw.Open()

Dim solidBodies As New List(Of Body)

For Each theBody As Body In workPart.Bodies
            'lw.WriteLine("IsSheetBody: " & theBody.IsSheetBody.ToString)
            'lw.WriteLine("IsSolidBody: " & theBody.IsSolidBody.ToString)
            If theBody.IsSolidBody Then
                solidBodies.Add(theBody)
            End If
        Next

For Each theFeature As Features.Feature In workPart.Features
            If TypeOf (theFeature) Is NXOpen.Features.DeleteBody Then
                Dim delBodyFeat As Features.DeleteBody = theFeature
                Dim delBodies() As Body = delBodyFeat.GetBodies
                For Each delBody As Body In delBodies
                    If solidBodies.Contains(delBody) Then
                        solidBodies.Remove(delBody)
                    End If
                Next
            End If
        Next

lw.WriteLine("work part contains: " & solidBodies.Count.ToString & " solid bodies that have not been deleted")

End Sub

End Module 

Thanks for the journal. I would have gone the other way around, going through for all the bodies than asking it's parent features but your way is efficient/better Smiley Wink

I will modify it to fit my purpose.