Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Deselect objects in .net

I use a selectionmanager (NXOpen.UI.GetUI().SelectionManager) in C# to access and modify objects. I have the problem, that I am not able to deselect the objects on the drawing after program execution. 

I have tried with Unhighlight() for every selected object, and that removes the visual selection, but the objects are still selected in NX. 

I have tried to use RemoveAllFromSelectionList(SelectionHandle, Boolean) at the selectionmanager. But I dont know how to create en usable instance of SelectionHandle. If someone can tell me how to do this, I belive this could be the key to my problem. 

All suggestions or comments are appreciated.

7 REPLIES

Re: Deselect objects in .net

Unless you are using the UI styler, there is no real way to use a selection list or deselect an object. There is an enhancement request (ER) logged with GTAC (ER 1785948). Contact GTAC and add your name to the ER; as more people request this functionality, the more priority it will be given.

Thanks for your reply. 

I would like to add my name to the ER, but I am quite new in this forum and am not able to find the ER list. Can you please explaine me how to access the ER?

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author PalleJuul
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I have created a workaround for deselecting after execution of the program. 

I simply send a ESC-key to the program in order to deselect. It is not the best solution, but i works for now. I am still interested in another solution if anyone comes up with something better.

But for now I will close this case.  

could you please send the code that you used to solve this problem.

thanks in advance

I have created this private method: 

private void deselectAll(){
IntPtr hwnd = System.Diagnostics.Process.GetCurrentProcess().MainWindowHandle;
SetForegroundWindow(hwnd);
SendKeys.SendWait("{ESC}");
}

thanks cowski1 and PalleJuul ,it works fine.