Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Display (my) GUI from Block UI styler but still be able to "access" NX(.CAE)

To all,

I am not sure of the the correct programming vocabulary to describe my question/issue so don't throw to many stones please.

I created a GUI with the NX Block UI styler and it's all fantastic. The (minor) issue I am having is that once the GUI is displayed I lose interaction with NX. It seems that I can click on some of the menus/icons etc but I have hardly any choice everything is greyed out. So I have to close my GUI to do some actions. If think the "focus" is on my GUI rather than NX.

While it' s not a big issue closing the GUI, doing something and re-opening it I'd like to know if there is a way of switching  this focus.

It would be nice to be able to amend a (NX.CAE) group for example while my GUI is open.

If the problem makes sense any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks

Regards

JXB

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author selex_ct
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Display (my) GUI from Block UI styler but still be able to "access" NX(.CAE)

Good morning.  Your explanation was very clear!  I think you will find that interactive NX works just like you described, when a dialog is posted for user interaction.

For example, select Information -> Object to post the Class Selection Dialog.  While the dialog is up, try some other menus, and see that many things are greyed-out.  For example, you cannot close the part while the selection dialog is active, but you can rotate or zoom your part.

The intent is that Block Styler dialogs should behave like the regular NX dialogs.

Re: Display (my) GUI from Block UI styler but still be able to "access" NX(.CAE)

Thanks SteveLabout. Much appreciated

So it does. While reading your response I tried rotating my test model and I can. I also pressed on the button 'Node/Element Information' and it closed my GUI and indeed the options I can see in this "normal" case are the same as the one with my GUI. I cannot edit a group for example only do a "Show only" for exampel whiel this standrd GUI is open.

Your redponse close the matter I guess

Thanks

Regards

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)