Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Displaying External Analysis Data in 3D on an NX part

I am investigating if it is possible to display 3d analysis data from an external analysis package in an NX part.

We have managed to create a jt file with texture mapping.  If we view this in Temceneter Visualisation the texture map displays correctly however if it's brought into NX we lose the texture map and the facet body is displayed in a flat colour.

Firstly am I missing something and is there a way of displaying the texture map for the jt in NX.

If not is there a way in NXopen of using the shape analysis functions to display our own values assigned to a point on a face?

Or is there another way altogether?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES

Re: Displaying External Analysis Data in 3D on an NX part

"if it's brought into NX we lose the texture map and the facet body is displayed in a flat colour.

Firstly am I missing something and is there a way of displaying the texture map for the jt in NX"

Start NX, open the jt file (file -> open, set filter for .jt files). When the display updates you will probably be left with a flat shaded part. Go to File -> properties -> JT file and select Update part file. This should restore the "texture" that the jt body was saved with.

On my file (one that was exported from the advanced sim results), the shading is displayed as long as I am in the "shaded" mode; if I switch to "shaded with edges", the model reverts to flat shading (but the 'texture' reappears when I switch back to "shaded" mode).

Mark,

What is the external analysis package? NX Simulation Post Processing supports many major solver output formats:

• Nastran (.op2)

• Structures P.E. (.vdm)

• ANSYS Structural (.rst)

• ABAQUS Thermal (.rth)

• ABAQUS (.fil)

• I-DEAS results file (.unv)

• I-DEAS Bun file (.bun)

• ABAQUS ODB files (.odb)

• RS2 files (.rs2)

• LS-DYNA state databases (*.d3p)

• PERMAS result files (.post)

Regards,

Jim

Cowski,

Thanks for pointing this out.  I've managed to export a jt file and importing it into nx displays the colour mapping.  However, as we run managed we don't have the option to use the update part file button.  If I save, close and reopen the part the colour map has gone Smiley Surprised(

We can at least compare the nx jt file with our output file to see if we can modify the output code to format the jt file correctly.

However it looks like we'd need to re-import the jt file each time, which is not a quick process.

Jim,

The external package is in house developed.  On top of this I want to view the results in the original geometry part.

A nasty hack is to use NX points, or temporary display "markers" with colors coded to represent scalar values. With points, you have no display flexibility (just a plus sign), but markers give you a few dozen different options. You might even be able to use the marker shape to provide extra information, in addition to using color. Actually, this is how NX did color fringe display, in ancient times.
山田
yamada