cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying resource bar

Creator
Creator

HI All,

How can I display hiden NX resource bar programically (Using NXopen).

I am trying to show help html in resource bar, when a button is clicked in dialog.

Appriciate your help

Regards

Nij

5 REPLIES

Re: Displaying resource bar

Phenom
Phenom

Try UFSession.ui().displayUrl()

I don't think there is a native NXOpen quivalent yet..

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You might also need the related "DisplayUrlAndActivate" if you want to force the browser open.

In NX10, we have an NXOpen method that lets you specify the URL, but I can't find anything except the call mentioned above to pop the browser open if it is closed.

Imports NXOpen.Preferences

Dim suiui As SessionUserInterfaceUI = NXOpen.UI.GetUI.UserInterfacePreferences

suiui.HomePageURL() = "http:\www.siemens.com\gtac"

Siemens Phenom

I just noticed that we introduced something in NX10 called the ResourceBarManager, which is described in the What's New doc for NX10.

However - it is only available in C++, so you won't be able to see it in the .Net or Java or Python docs.

Here is an excerpt from What's New in NX10:

Hosting custom windows in NX
What is it?
You can now create custom Resource bar tabs to host your own windows. Use the following new NX
Open APIs, which are in the ResourceBarManager class, to define and control the window.
Create
Creates a tab, which is added to the Resource bar when you set the visibility.

RegisterActivationCallback
Activates and displays the custom window when you click the tab.

ActivateTab
Activates and displays the custom window immediately; you do not need to click the tab.

GetWindowHandle
Creates an NX docking window, which is used as the parent to host your custom window.

SetTabAvailability
Controls the visibility of the tab in the Resource bar area.

Destroy
Removes your custom window and tab from NX.

You can specify a title and bitmap for your custom tab. Your custom window has standard Resource bar capabilities, such as the ability to dock and undock the window.
Note
The application that is being hosted controls the behavior inside the host window.

Why should I use it?
Use the APIs to seamlessly integrate third-party applications and dialog boxes into NX. For example, if you have your own add-in application or navigator that you use in conjunction with NX, you no longer need a separate window.

Where do I find it?
The new NX Open APIs are in the new ResourceBarManager class.

Creator
Creator

Hi Inch, SteveLabout

Thanks for full explanation about resource bar.

I can able to display help html in resource bar , but still unable to dock (pin to NX grafic window) the resource bar on click of a button. Resource bar will flashes and go back to its normal position.

Regards

Nij

Siemens Phenom

Nij,

Were you using the ResourceBarManager, or one of the methods we discussed earlier?

With the wrapper method, the page appears when I click the button, and remains visible until I move my mouse outside of the page.  Obviously it is not pinned open, so it acts just like the other resource bar objects - when you move your mouse someplace such as the graphics window, an unpinned window snaps back out of view.

You might want to log an IR with GTAC - we could at least submit an enhancement request to ask for the ability to pin the window open from within the program.

Regards,

Steve