Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Disposing a loaded dll from a action button of a NX-block Styler

Hello All,

I am facing a serious issue in this.

I have tried to close & unload a dll using a action button of block syler.it closes after throwing a error message saying "A deleted of invalid class id was used."

I am writing code in vb.net

I tried "Dispose()" to close it from the action button.But failed. :-(

Please help.

Regards Abhi

6 REPLIES

Re: Disposing a loaded dll from a action button of a NX-block Styler

Is the .DLL that you are trying to unload the program that is displaying the block styler dialog?  If so, I don't think we expect that to work.  The Cancel button should be used for that.

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your reply. yes, I am trying to have an operation with the action button of the block styler dialog which should complete the operation and close the dialog immediately. I could have done this using OK button itself. But I have three different type of operations which has to be done using different buttons. So I have chosen to use action button. Please let me know if any thing is possible.

Regards,
Abhi

Hi Abhi,

The Block UI Styler is not designed to work that way.  You are correct, you can close it with the OK button, or with the Cancel button, but it is not intended to be closed from an action button.

Your other option would be to get rid of both OK and Cancel, and just have a Close button. You can set this in the dialog design/creation tool by setting the "Navigation Style" property to "Close".

Steve

Hi Steve,

'Close' option is only available in Pre-NX-6 UI Styler, Can you please suggest any similar option for Block UI Styler as my app is done using this?
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhi_Learner
‎03-03-2017 08:31 AM

Abhi,

The Close option is definitely available in the newer Block UI Styler as well.

I have created one and attached an image, so that you can see where to set the NavigationStyle property to "Close".

Steve

Thanks a lot, Steve.

I was searching for this option in code generation tab, So didn't get it.
This is exactly what I wanted.

Abhi