Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Easy way/Best pratices to identify Obsolute/Retired/Deleted in NXOpen method/Ufunc on NX migration

Any easy way/Best pratices to identify NXOpen/Ufunc method that gets obsolute/Retired/Deleted during NX migrations. Currently we are able to get to know from Release notes & manually checking the list against to Visual studio/Eclipse NX projects. I'm thinking to have some option or macro which list all obsolute/retired/functions with in NXOpen/Ufunc project. Similar like where used in VS project/ Eclipse project.

Thanks,

ECR

PradeepECR
NX7.5 TC8/ NX9.0.2.5 TC10.2
8 REPLIES

Re: Easy way/Best pratices to identify Obsolute/Retired/Deleted in NXOpen method/Ufunc on NX migrati

This doesn't actually 'find' deprecated methods etc, but when using Java/Eclipse deprecated stuff gets highlighted when the code is recompiled:

Not sure if you get something similar in VS..

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Re: Easy way/Best pratices to identify Obsolute/Retired/Deleted in NXOpen method/Ufunc on NX migrati

Yes, as you mentioned we will get in Eclipse for deprecated methods. Is it possible to show it as a error instead of warning by modify eclipse java settings.?

As I'm using VS2012, I don't see such methods shown as warning or error in IDE or during compile. I'm not sure any Visual Studio settings need to be checked for enable it.
PradeepECR

[ Edited ]

Yes, you can change Eclipse to issue errors for deprecated items instead of warnings by going to:

Window->Preferences -> Java -> Compiler -> Errors/Warnings -> Deprecated and restricted API

No idea about VS though. I don't use that other than to edit some legacy C code now and again.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Thanks for your solution on Eclipse/Java IDE.
PradeepECR

I'm using VS 2010 and when I try to use an obsolete or deprecated function it will show up in the "error list" as a warning. I keep the error list open and docked to the bottom of the window for quick reference while I work. I'd imagine VS 2012 has a similar option.

Yes cowski1 I'm also see it. Is it possible show it as error instead of warning.
PradeepECR

[ Edited ]

If you double click the "my project" icon and choose the "compile" tab, there is an option to "treat all warnings as errors". Locations listed are for VS 2010, they may be different in VS 2012.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author pradeepecr
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Thanks for your solution. Is there any option to specially to treat deprecated method/class as error.
PradeepECR