Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ElementCreateBuilder.Commit() doesnt return a pointer to the newly created Quad4. why? how?

Creator
Creator

I manually build 4 nodes, and NodeCreateBuilder.CommitNode provides me 4 pointers.

I try to manually build 1 ElemQuad4, but ElementCreateBuilder.Commit doesNT provide me its pointer. why? how do i capture the newly-created-elem?  I DonT want to employ FIND bcuz I dont want to know-about, or care-about, the elem-ID-number. Any advice? examples? (thx) --Dean K

3 REPLIES

Re: ElementCreateBuilder.Commit() doesnt return a pointer to the newly created Quad4. why? how?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Commit() is an inherited method that returns a NXObject. CAE.FEElement does not inherit from NXObject.

NodeCreateBuilder has a special CommitNode method that returns the node that was created

MultipleNodeCreateBuilder has a special CommitNodes method that returns the array of nodes that were created

MultipleElementCreateBuilder has a special CommitElements method that returns the array of elements that were created

For some reason, there is not an equivalent CommitElement method on ElementCreateBuilder. This looks like an IR that should be submitted to GTAC

In the meantime, try using the MultipleElementCreateBuilder

Re: ElementCreateBuilder.Commit() doesnt return a pointer to the newly created Quad4. why? how?

Creator
Creator

JimB,

I tried employing "MultipleElementCreateBuilder" but I cant seem to understand exactly how to get it working. Can somebody supply an example, or two, plz? (thx)  P.S. I also submitted an "IR" onto GTAC about the deficiency about "not equiv CommittElement method on ElementCreateBuilder", but havent yet recieved any resolution from IR/GTAC.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Here's an example.