cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in external library. See system log for details

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, 

Can anybody let me know what is the root cause and solution for the above.

I have created a dll file (C#), with Main in it. (resource file was embedded)

Signed the dll using SignDotNet.exe

On Local NX installation:

Tried to load the dll using Ctrl+U, got the below error.

• Using C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\ugii\managed\ManagedLoader.dll to load managed DLL
  • Trying to load C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\ugii\managed\ManagedLoader.dll
  • ManagedLoader.Load: {FilePath}\bin\Debug\Table.dll Name:Table.dll
  • There are no context policies.
  • AppBase: {FilePath}\bin\Debug\
  • Loaded assembly: Table, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from {FilePath}\bin\Debug\Table.dll
  • Loaded assembly: NXOpen.Utilities, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from {FilePath}\bin\Debug\NXOpen.Utilities.dll
  • Loaded assembly: NXOpen, Version=9.0.1.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from {FilePath}\bin\Debug\NXOpen.dll
  • Loaded assembly: NXOpenUI, Version=9.0.1.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from {FilePath}\bin\Debug\NXOpenUI.dll
  • Loaded assembly: NXOpen.UF, Version=9.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from {FilePath}\bin\Debug\NXOpen.UF.dll
  • Verifying {FilePath}\bin\Debug\Table.dll for NXOpen signature.
  • Signed by : ******* - *********** ************ *** ************
  • Caught exception while running: Main
  • System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'JAM_register_managed_tag_interest' in DLL 'libjam'.
  • at NXOpen.Utilities.NXObjectManager.JAM_register_managed_tag_interest(Int32 appId, Tag tag)
  • at NXOpen.Utilities.NXObjectManager.Get(Tag objectTag, String name)
  • at NXOpen.Session.GetSession()
  • at FECT_PointTable.PointTable..ctor() in {FilePath}\PointTable.cs:line 102
  • at FECT_PointTable.PointTable.Main(String[] args) in {FilePath}\PointTable.cs:line 125
  • &MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
  • &MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2 Error in external library. See system log for details
  • &MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT 
  • &MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT File name: {FilePath}\bin\Debug\Table.dll
  • &MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT 
  • &MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT Function name: Main
  • &MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT 
  • Unloading {FilePath}\bin\Debug\Table.dll

I works fine if we do,

Open NX from network (through the shortcut given by IT department)

Load the same dll in an NX Running (in the same system where Local NX is installed) 

Kindly guide me on the same.

Regards,

Maddy

Windows 7 x64
NX 8.5, NX 9.0. And also NX 7.5
Visual Studio 2010 SP1, 2012 Update 4
7 REPLIES

Re: Error in external library. See system log for details

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Maddy,

Is it possible that you have two slightly different versions of NX here?

• Caught exception while running: Main
  • System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'JAM_register_managed_tag_interest' in DLL 'libjam'.

I checked libjam.dll in NX9.0.1 MP3, and that symbol is definitely there.  I checked in the base release of NX9.0.0, and it is NOT there.

Regards,

Steve

Siemens Phenom

Update:  It is not in the library in NX9.0.1 (no MP) either.  So if you built against NX9.0.1 with a Maintenance Pack, you will need to run against the same version.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Steve,

Thanks you for your kind reply.

I got it now. Yes i do have two different versions of NX (Local NX 9.0.0.19 and on SERVER 9.0.2.5).

Could you clarify one thing, i can build the dll against 9.0.1 by referencing NXopen libraries from the location where local NX 9.0.1 installed, right?

Please don't mind as i'm noob here and i'm trying to learn the NX API on my own referring the documentation.

There were no guides available on internet and .
I don't know how Siemens were maintaining the API Documentation for NXOpen as NX API Documentation is not properly documented at all.
Explanation given to many commands are completely improper.
Like for example they have mentioned "GetObject : Method returns an Object."
It doesn't mentions further details on what the method returns, what type and so on.
Moreover there were no valid examples code given for these.

At least if they had given some example code for the command/method,
one can easily grasp the concept and methods usefulness. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Do you refer any materials for NXOpen or any websites where we get some codes to refer to like community.plm.automation.siemens.com.

Regards,

Maddy

Windows 7 x64

Phenom
Phenom

If you go here:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/

You can do a search for a class/method/function etc that you want and find examples of code that use that. To limit the search to just code examples, use the filters on the left to limit the search to just 'nx_api'.

Although you can't find everything here, there are many, many useful examples.

Note: You will have to log in with your WebKey.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

NXOpen can be build against the major release to work in every MR and MP.

New methods can be added in MRs, so you can't use them in earlier releases.

Builds against NX 9.0.0 can be used in any NX 9.0.x release, builds against NX 9.0.1 can only be used in NX 9.0.1 and higher.

Always make sure to have the same release installed on all systems, mixing releases is no good and you have to be very careful.

The NXOpen API reference is installed if you install the full NX documentation, using the typical installation will not install the NXOpen API docs, you need to use ADDLOCAL=all to get the NXOpen API docs installed.

I never had problems using the NXOpen API and found the documentation very helpful.

It makes things much easier, if you also know NX interactively, not knowing how to do things manually makes it really hard to use the NXOpen API.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Siemens Phenom

If you're a beginner, you'll probably find the SNAP library much easier than NX/Open. Even if you don't have a SNAP license, I'd still recommend reading the "Getting Started with SNAP" guide. You can work through the tutorial examples in chapters 2 and 3 by using the free MiniSNAP library. Then you should read chapter 16, which tells you how to progress from SNAP to NX/Open.

山田
yamada

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks you guys... Will have a look at all those..
Windows 7 x64