Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export Drawings to Teamcenter

I am trying to replicate in an NX Journal (Visual Basic) the same result as going to File > Export > Drawings to Teamcenter.

When I record a new Journal and attempt those actions, nothing is recorded.

I have attempted .SaveCgm and then saving the part. Am I even close?

Is someone able to link an example of what is occuring under the "Drawings to Teamcenter" command?

I haven't been able to find any information on this kind of Export.

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES

Re: Export Drawings to Teamcenter

Refer the NX documentation link

Export drawing sheets to Teamcenter

'Drawings to Teamcentercommand will create the CGM files of drawing sheets and exports them to teamcenter which can be seen under the UGMASTER/UGPART dataset by clicking the triangular icon as shown.

Export Drawings DialogExport Drawings DialogExported CGM files under UGMASTER datasetExported CGM files under UGMASTER dataset

Also from managed NX, File > Export > CGM will export the separate CGM datasets for each drawing under the item revision in Teamcenter.

Export CGM dialogExport CGM dialog

CGM datasets under item revisionCGM datasets under item revision

Testing NX10 | NX11| TC-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Thank you Ganesh_Kadole, for explaining the difference between the two Exports.

I recorded a journal while performing File > Export > CGM and that lead me to the CGMBuilder Class.

I have written my journal to use this class and when I use .Commit(), the CGM file is created in Teamcenter under the Item Master as you explained. Is their a way to tell the CGMBuilder to create the CGM file under the Item Revision as you explain in the first part? (image below)

Exported CGM files under UGMASTER dataset

I cannot seem to find any method that  changes the Teamcenter save location for the CGMBuilder.

Hi @Robert7,

That is the OOTB behaviour of TC-NX for those particular commands.

I am not sure if it is possible to change the behaviour by tweaking the code. I do not know much about journaling, so can't help you on this. Someone else may give you idea about it.

Testing NX10 | NX11| TC-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2