Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export flat patterns to dxf from top assembly for all SM components and drawings to pdf

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello!

Since I don't know how to write a single line of a macro, I am posting this question here on the NX forum and hope that someone can help me with this.

I have one fairly simple assembly. It consists of two sub-assemblies with 6 different components (two in one sub-assm and four in the second one).
Four of those components are sheet metal parts, other two are not.
One of non-sheetmetal components is hidden.
All four sheet metal parts have already defined flat pattern.
For all components and for top assembly, I have also created drawings.

Now, what I would like to do is the following. With one click (executing some macro), I would like to:
1. export all flat patterns to dxf (Export Flat Pattern command, type=DXF). Flat patterns already exists in every sheet metal component. So there is no need to create them, just have to export them.
2. create a pdf files from all drawing files, that are already created and are visible in top-assm. One component is hidden, so I don't want to create a pdf for this component.

Again, I would really appreciate, if someone can help me with this problem.

And one more info. All the files, that I have attached, are created in NX10.0.2.

Best Regards.

6 REPLIES

Re: Export flat patterns to dxf from top assembly for all SM components and drawings to pdf

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Export flat patterns to dxf from top assembly for all SM components and drawings to pdf

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello cowski.

Fantastic! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot for such a quick help. I really appreciate.

Regards.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

Is it possible to get this macro

BR

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I updated the link in my previous post, it should work now (dropbox changed some settings and had automatically made the file private).

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

Thank you very much. It works really great Smiley Happy

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there

This is quite an impressive script and exactly what I was looking for!  Problem is that we are using Teamcenter and it seems as if this only works for assemblies in Native mode.

How do I adapt the script to search for and open the parts ans drawings from Teamcenter?  Then I want the output files to be either exported directly to Teamcenter as a Dataset under the corresponding ItemRevision with a Specification relation and a set naming format, or imported as such after native export to a temporary disk location.

I see there is some kind of check to determine if Managed mode is active or not, but I cannot see where this comes into effect.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you