Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export measurements from an assembly at multiple different points along a stroke

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm looking to use an NX assembly to pull angle and distance data from the model in order to use in a mathematical model. I have a cam and roller system and the angle of contact and the moment arm changes as the rollers are pushed by a piston. I've set up the measurments in the assembly as expresssions and the stroke distance assembly constraint as a driving expression. What I'm looking to do is get NX to ouput the angle and moment arm length for 30 points along the stroke. Currently I'm able to update the stroke distance expression in the expressions dialog box and the measurments automatically update, but at that point I'm stuck copying the data over to a spreadsheet manually and then manually updating the expression and repeating 30 times. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Export measurements from an assembly at multiple different points along a stroke

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There is a journal here that looks similar to what you want to do. It varies the value of an input expression and reports the resulting value of an associative measurement. It only reports a single output measurment so it would need to be modified for your needs, but it might be a good start.

Re: Export measurements from an assembly at multiple different points along a stroke

Experimenter
Experimenter

This works great, thank you! It was trivial to add additional outputs and to change the format of the output so it was easier to input into my spreadsheet.