Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting "content" of a CAE group to create similar group in another (CAE) file

To all, Does anyone know if there is a way of "exporting" the content of CAE groups so that one can create a similar group in another CAE file? For example: consider you are working in a sim file (which is a copy of your "master" sim file). In this copy one creates a number of groups (for the sake of the discussion let's assume these groups only have elements and/or nodes). One would like to re-create these groups in the "master" file. Currently one needs to re-do these groups by hand. It would be nice to be able to "read in" a (specific) file to re-create such groups. Thanks Regards
Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
2 REPLIES

Re: Exporting "content" of a CAE group to create similar group in another (CAE) file

Hi selex_ct,

If I understood correctly, you could use File->import-> Simulation entities, to import Groups from another sim file.

Best regards,

MGeyer

Re: Exporting "content" of a CAE group to create similar group in another (CAE) file

That's one way but this option will import all the groups. So groups could end being duplicated Easy enough to import all the groups then delete the ones not wanted.

What if one wants to import specific groups?

In my problem description I used the .sim file as an example but I'd like to do that with a .fem (.or afm). In other words being able to export any groups I want from a .sim/.fem/afm and import them in  .sim/.fem/afm. I am only thinking about element and nodes at the moment.

Thanks

Regards

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)