Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Extract all handles (Journal Identifier) from drawing sheet

Hello Team,

I want to extract all drawing sheet handles so that I can use it for FindObject. I donot have fixed handle (JournalIdentifier) for drawing notes hence want to retrieve all available jounal identifier handles.

Regards,

Rupali

13 REPLIES

Re: Extract all handles (Journal Identifier) from drawing sheet

Can you explain what you are trying to do with the drawing sheets? There is a very good chance that you will not need to use the .FindObject method at all.

I want to update the notes value using find object but JounalIdentifier e.g. HANDLE R-194873 gets changes in every sheet and drawings for notes hence could not go with fixed journalidentifier. The notes values I am trying to modified are custom notes created through custom application hence I am could not find it out by names using find object.

If I able to get all handle I will check if it is note object and name matches with required one then I can move further.

Here is the screenshot of same..

Forget FindObject, you can't use it, since there is no way to get the Journal identifier and the identifier is always different for any NX part file and NX session.

It is exclusively used by Journals, this is mentioned in the NXOpen API references.

Is the custom application created by you, then give the notes a unique name to find them again.

You can also check the contents of the note to make sure you have the right one.

You can also use unique object attributes to identify the notes.

FindObject is a no-go.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

No custom application is not created by us. The notes has unique name e.g. TBK-SERIAL, TBK-FORMAT, TBK-NAME, TBK-BASICNUMBER etc.
How to use unique object attribute, can you please post code.

Regards,
Rupali

Since the notes have unique names, just use NXOpen.UF.UFObj.CycleByName (solution center cycle by name search result) or use the notes collection of the part file and check the name property of the found notes (evaluate all note text sample).

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Can we set the text to note using note evaluation --GetEvaluatedText?

Since the method starts with Get... it cannot be used to set anything.

How we can get custom symbols whose text attribute values I want to change

[ Edited ]

You will have to check the objects contained in the annotation collection of the part file.

The solution center might have some samples for you too.