Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of IJK Tool Path Coordinates - NXCAM - API

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everybody,

Iam trying to extract the Tool IJK Coordinates (see attached picture) during the machine simulation. Does anybody have a solution or VBSkript for the data extraction, so I can save the x,y,z coordinates into a file?

Thank you for your help!

Freddy

3 REPLIES

Re: Extraction of IJK Tool Path Coordinates - NXCAM - API

I'm not sure what you can do during the simulation. There is a IsvControlPanelBuilder class in vb, but I am not familiar with it.

Outside of simulation, you can list the path or CLS and see the IJK for each XYZ. In vb, you would need to read the path events, and can use for example the PathLinearMotion.ToolAxis property to get the IJK. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Mr. Rief,

thank you for your help! Iam not able to extract the tool ijk coordinates (see the attached picture). Whith the path or CLS I am only able to see the NC-Program, but not the detailed ijk coordinates of the tool after the tool path simulation.

Do you have maybee another good advice for me?

Best regards

The IJK are not produced by the simulation. In your picture the Tool IJK Coordinates are from the internal TOOL PATH, and are used as input to the postprocessor. In your picture the NC Program shows the output of the postprocessor, which is being simulated.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens