Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding named edges

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there an easy way to locate named edges of a model in NX?

I am working on a part which I suspect has at least 2 identically named but different edges. For now I just want to identify where they are.

4 REPLIES

Re: Finding named edges

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Each part file has a collection of bodies (solid and sheet bodies). Each body object has a .GetEdges method that will return all the edges in the given body. Each edge object has a .Name property. You can iterate through the body collection, using the .GetEdges method on each to query the name of every edge object in the file.

Alternately, there is a .CycleByName function that will return objects with a given name. If you know the name ahead of time, this might be more efficient.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Siemens Phenom

If you have SNAP, you can use

• Snap.NX.NXObject.FindByName
  • Snap.NX.NXObject.FindAllByName
山田
yamada

Siemens Phenom

You can also find out whether you have the two named edges interactively.  Since this question was logged under Programming, I think we all assumed you wanted a programming answer, but interactively, with the part open, if you select Information -> Object, hit the Type filter and set it to Edge, then type the name into the Select by Name field on the selection dialog and OK, it should be easy to find out if your suspicion is correct.