cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding which (stress) result is currently displayed in the UI NX.CAE

Phenom
Phenom

To all

I am playing around with NX.CAE results and recorded a test journal. I did a couple of very minor mods to the journal and it (still) works. So far so good. Looking at the recorded journal, it works because it uses specific, solution and loadcase. The followings lines were recorded

Dim resultManager1 As CAE.ResultManager = CType(theSession.ResultManager, CAE.ResultManager)

Dim solutionResult1 As CAE.SolutionResult = CType(resultManager1.FindObject("SolutionResult[mytestcase_f1_s1.sim_RespSim1]"), CAE.SolutionResult)

Dim loadcase1 As CAE.Loadcase = CType(solutionResult1.Find("Loadcase[5]"), CAE.Loadcase)

Dim iteration1 As CAE.Iteration = CType(loadcase1.Find("Iteration[1]"), CAE.Iteration)

Dim resultType1 As CAE.ResultType = CType(iteration1.Find("ResultType[[Von-Mises Stress][Element-Nodal]]"), CAE.ResultType)

Assuming that the results is already displayed (in the example the Von Mises stress) is there a way of knowing what is displayed in the GUI? In this case one is after the following info "variables": "mytestcase_f1_s1.sim_RespSim1" & "Loadcase[5]"

Thanks

Regards

JXB

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
2 REPLIES

Re: Finding which (stress) result is currently displayed in the UI NX.CAE

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Use NXOpen.CAE.Post.GetResultForPostview() to get the CAE.Result and the CAE.ResultParameters that reflect the current state of the PostView. Use the query methods on ResultParameters to determine the information you are looking for.

Re: Finding which (stress) result is currently displayed in the UI NX.CAE

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks JimB. Will have a look at the keyword option(s) when I have a few minutes

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)