Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FontFactory and Hershey fonts -- can we make this sticky?

Attached is the latest version of FontFactory (Version 3.001, dated November 23rd, 2015). This is being posted at the request of Stefan Pendl. Earlier versions were available on the old BBS, but we lost all of our attached files during the migration.

The newer TrueType font technology is far superior, but I guess there are still some people using the old-style fonts. They work better for engraving, for example. FontFactory gives you a convenient way to view and edit these fonts.

Also attached are the latest-and-greatest versions of the Hershey fonts. Some of these are shipped with NX, these days, but many are not. If you have to use old-style fonts, the Hershey ones are the least ugly (in my opinion). And, if you are using FontFactory to design your own symbols, the Hershey fonts provide plenty of characters that you can use as examples or starting points.

Stefan suggested making this post sticky, but I don't know how to do that.

山田
yamada
4 REPLIES

Re: FontFactory and Hershey fonts -- can we make this sticky?

I forgot to mention ... Version 3.001 fixes (I hope) the problem wherebyFontFactory was confused about comma/period usage on some system locales. Thanks to Stefan Pendl for the two lines of code that I used to implement the fix.

山田
yamada

[ Edited ]

@Yamada,

thanks for the updated release and the bug fix Smiley Wink

To get FNX file creation working, I was using the following command script.

@rem 
@echo off

set PATH=%UGII_ROOT_DIR%\ugfonts;%UGII_ROOT_DIR%;%PATH%

start FontFactory.exe

Is this now obsolete?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Well, Fontfactory needs to be able to find ugfontc.exe and libsyss.dll. It tries to find them by using the UGII_ROOT_DIR environment variable, but sometimes this doesn't work (for reasons that I don't understand). I guess the code in your startup script helps with this. Another trick is to just copy ugfontc.exed and libsyss.dll into the same folder as FontFactory.

So, in short, I think your script is still helpful. The latest fix for the comma/period problem has no impact on this.

山田
yamada

Thanks for the answer @Yamada Smiley Wink

I usually tend to not copy anything from the UGII_ROOT_DIR to avoid problems after updates through MRs and MPs Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community