along my own little studies, my next target (after Previous topic) is to find the edge which is connecting two united bodies. To be more clear:
I have one large cylinder depicting Body A. I have a small cylinder with its center axis perpendicular to the axis of Body A and of much smaller size, e.g. like a boss/tube on body A. The second cylinder is created using a circle sketch and the extrude command with the "until selected" option, extruding it until it connects to Body A.
Afterwards, I am uniting both bodies.
My aim is to retrieve the "connecting" edge, so the edge which depicts the connection between body A and Body B.
My tries so far:
Has someone any idea how to achieve this (in a performant way)?
Thanks so much!
My approach would be
- get all the faces of tool body before boolean.
- get the face data for cylindrical face and all its edges.
- get all the faces of body after unite
- compare face data for same radius and axis direction
- get edges for the matching face and sort out the required edge.
I went a similar way at the current state of my project. In my case, I am not evaluting the face types or face data, just comparing the faces and edges of all involved bodies and creating a DifferenceStructure to continue.