Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Get RSEvent Excitation Function Name - How to?

To all,

I am looking for the keyword to "extract" the name of the excitation function(s) associated with a Response Simulation Event, It seems that the .GetExcitations shoudl do the trick but 2 issues encountered; 

1. the variable type 'Excitation(') (or should it be 'CAE.Excitation()' ?) is not regonised,

2. I cannot see anything in the doc under 'Excitation' to get the name of the excitation function(s) (i.e the associated afu record) (NOT the name of the excitation itself).

Any idea?

Thanks

Regards

Dim theRespSimManager As NXOpen.CAE.ResponseSimulation.Manager = theSimPart.Simulation.ResponseSimulationManager	
Dim AllRespSimSolutions As CAE.ResponseSimulation.Solution() = theRespSimManager.Solutions.ToArray()

For Each myRespSimSol As CAE.ResponseSimulation.Solution In AllRespSimSolutions

'theLW.WriteLine("solution name: " & myRespSimSol.GetSolutionName)

For Each myRSEvent As CAE.ResponseSimulation.RSEvent In myRespSimSol.GetEvents()
		Dim theRSEventExcitation As CAE.Excitation = myRSEvent.GetExcitations()
	Next myRSEvent

Next myRespSimSol

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author selex_ct
‎01-09-2016 04:53 AM

Re: Get RSEvent Excitation Function Name - How to?

This can be done, but it's not the most straightforward thing in the world to do. You need to go back through the builder for the particular type of excitation and retreive the information from the builder.

The attached example will list information for translational nodal excitations.

Re: Get RSEvent Excitation Function Name - How to?

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot for that JimB. I would never have got any of it even though I had started looking at the RSBuilder. 

Will look at the provided example with great interest.

Thanks again.  

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)