Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get facet faces coordiates

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Though NXOpen.Facet.ConvertFacetBodyBuilder was introduced in NX10, it was released to customers in NX11. So, I dont think you can use it in NX10.

Evaluate if you are allowed to do it interactively. See if Rapid Prototyping feature can help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od6lT-hIng4

Pioneer
Pioneer

I checked ConvertFacetBodyBuilder in NX10 (it written that class created for NX10):

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dim Facets() As NXObject

Dim FacetB As New List(Of NXOpen.Facet.FacetedBody)

Dim convertFacetBodyBuilder1 As NXOpen.Facet.ConvertFacetBodyBuilder = Nothing
    convertFacetBodyBuilder1 = workPart.FacetedBodies.FacetModelingCollection.CreateConvertFacetBodyBuilder()
    convertFacetBodyBuilder1.OriginalBodyOption = NXOpen.Facet.ConvertFacetBodyBuilder.OriginalBodyOptions.Keep
    Dim addedFacettedBody As Boolean = Nothing
    For Each FacettedBody As NXOpen.Facet.FacetedBody In FacetB
        addedFacettedBody = convertFacetBodyBuilder1.FacetedBodiesToConvert.Add(FacettedBody)
        Dim nXObject1 As NXOpen.NXObject = Nothing
        nXObject1 = convertFacetBodyBuilder1.Commit()
        convertFacetBodyBuilder1.Destroy()
    Next

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

it is not work in NX10, I think because there is no convergent body feature by default.

Maybe there is another approach is exist for NX10?

thanks

e

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Good proposal for rapid surfacing. Question is how to distribute curves on all facetfaces (outer and inner)

thanks

e

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX-Manufacturing/STL-to-Solid-Body-...

There is a program in the above link that creates a solid from an STL file. I believe it creates faces from the facet data and sews them all together. Try it out to see if the end result is usable in your situation.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

thanks for the link, dll works!

thanks

e

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You might find this discussion useful.

山田