Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Select Point control from a windows form executable

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Is there any possiblility to give select point option in windows form application where user is going to select a point from an existing solid body?

I searched a lot, but did not get much info about it.

Please help,

Regards,

Abhi

3 REPLIES

Re: Getting Select Point control from a windows form executable

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Try one of the overloads of this method: 

UI.SelectionManager.SelectTaggedObjects()

This will open a selection dialog. You have the option to set selection filters and scope.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

To get a point selection in a WinForm, you will have to write a large amount of code. Specifically, you'll have to get the cursor location, map it into the 3D space that NX understands, and then test to see which nearby NX objects it falls upon. And you will need lots of clever tricks to make your code run fast, because users expect instant response when specifying points.

So, if you want to create applications where the user will select NX objects or specify points, I'd advise against using WinForms. Use NX block-based dialogs, instead. You can create these either using BLock UI Styler or the Snap BlockForm functions.

山田
yamada

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Yamada,

Thanks for your reply. I was working in a scenario where i can't use blockStyler. 

I got a solution for windows form,

I used "Selection.MaskTriple" and defined the type of object it has to select through selection scope.

Now I am able to select it with a NX selection window.

Regards,

Abhi