Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Getting started with NX Open VB Wizard

Hello,

I am wondering how I might get started with NX Open VB Wizard. I installed Visual Studio Professional 2012. According to the help docs:

"If Visual Studio has been installed on a workstation and then NX is installed locally (on the same workstation), the available NX Wizards will be installed automatically. Otherwise the following steps need to be taken to set up each of the NX Wizards on the local workstation."

the NX Open WIzard template should be available for me to choose from within the VB IDE right? I have a local copy of NX installled, as well as Visual Studio.

I am using NX 10.

Also, I was going to make a seperate post for this, but my ultimate goal is to try and compile some into a .dll. Can somebody tell me how to do this in Visual Studio?

3 REPLIES

Re: Getting started with NX Open VB Wizard

Read the Getting Started with SNAP guide in the api documentation. Chapter 3 covers templates and compiling in Visual Studio.

[ Edited ]

Hello, So I was actually able to find a script in C# located in the

nx10\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\RemotingExample directory.

I followed the instructions that were included in a .txt file to successfully build a .dll for the server code.

I went ahead and ran the .dll to see if it would be successful. However I am getting mixed results in the log file.

Below is the log file results. What I am confused about is, it says "Validation failed but author license exists" (check bold font). Is it checking to see if the .dll was properly signed? I did not sign the .dll but at the end of the log file, it appears that the remoting service starts anyway? Is this the case?

AppBase: C:\ugs\nx10\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\RemotingExample\Server\obj\Debug\

Loaded assembly: Server, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\ugs\nx10\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\RemotingExample\Server\obj\Debug\Server.dll

Loaded assembly: System.Runtime.Remoting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 from C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Remoting\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

Resolve failed: NXOpen, Version=10.0.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Loaded assembly: NXOpen, Version=10.0.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from c:\ugs\nx10\ugii\managed\NXOpen.dll

Loaded: : NXOpen, Version=10.0.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Loaded assembly: NXOpen.Utilities, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from c:\ugs\nx10\ugii\managed\NXOpen.Utilities.dll

Resolve failed: NXOpen.UF, Version=10.0.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Loaded assembly: NXOpen.UF, Version=10.0.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from c:\ugs\nx10\ugii\managed\NXOpen.UF.dll

Loaded: : NXOpen.UF, Version=10.0.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Verifying C:\ugs\nx10\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\RemotingExample\Server\obj\Debug\Server.dll for NXOpen signature.

NXOpen.Utilities.MissingResourceException: Assembly has not been compiled with an NX resource bundle

at NXOpen.Utilities.ResourceUtilities..ctor(Byte[] assemblyData)

at NXOpen.Utilities.BaseSession.verifyAssembly(String filename, Boolean& alliance_mode, SignatureType signTypeNeeded)

Validation failed

NXOpen.Utilities.NeedDOTNETAuthorLicenseException: Invalid NX signature found

at NXOpen.Utilities.BaseSession.verifyAssemblyData(Boolean callEvaluateStack)

at NXOpen.Utilities.BaseSession.InitLicense()

Validation failed but author license exists - loading library

In NXOpenRemotingService.Main - getting session

Starting NX Service

Exporting Session object

Exporting UFSession Object

NX Service started on port 4567

&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE OUT 1

&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE OUT 1

&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1

&MACRO MENU, 0, UG_HELP_SYSTEM_LOG UG_GATEWAY_MAIN_MENUBAR <MenuBar->UG_HELP> ## !

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author junfan
‎10-23-2015 09:45 AM

"What I am confused about is, it says "Validation failed but author license exists" (check bold font). Is it checking to see if the .dll was properly signed? I did not sign the .dll but at the end of the log file, it appears that the remoting service starts anyway? Is this the case?"

Yes, exactly.

If NX finds an appropriate author license, it will allow the custom .DLL to run.  This is a convenience so that while you are developing/debugging/changing/testing your code, you don't have to sign it every time.

When you are ready to distribute it to your users, you will want to sign it first.