Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Tool Length Adjust Registry

Creator
Creator

Hello all,

I am trying to create a journal that can scan and return the tool length adjust register each tool in a part. I am having very mad effects on a couple machines that use different register values so I need to be able to scan an NC file to make sure this doesn't happen. I know you can call it using MOM_tool_length_adjust_register in the post builder but I need a stand alone journal to do this. Does anyone know how to go about doing so? Any help is much appreciated thank you.

5 REPLIES

Re: Help with Tool Length Adjust Registry

Are you sure you want the register defined in the tool? Since the operation inherits the register from the tool, and can override it, I would cycle through the operations. For example, you could have a tool with register 5, but change that to 51 in one operation and 52 in another operation.

FYI OOTB, the operation inherits from the tool, which inherits from the pocket.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

The problem is that we do not use the tool library that comes with NX so we copy them in form out own library (which happens to be a part file). Essentially it is like the tool is being created as the program is. We have one machine that need the register to be 1 while another needs it to be 0 and if ether of the machines receive the incorrect register value the machine will crash due to the tool offset. Thank you for the reply.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Why not have a template part for the tools of each machine?

This will make sure the tools always have the correct values for that particular machine.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Creator
Creator

The problem with that is that the post builder uses the libraries we created and if we created multiple ones we would have hundreds of duplicate tools just for the register value.

Thank you for the ideas though.

I am still not sure what you are trying to do.

Are you looking for a journal that sets the adjust registers of all tools inthe work part to 0?

If so, you can modify the attached - rename to .vb.

Or can you just set the adjust registers to 0 or 1 in each post? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens