cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide a NX Dialog?

I have a nxDialog created by using BlockStyler.I want to hide this dialog OR want to make this dialog invisible.Is it possible by programming?If yes,please let me know its nxopen api.

6 REPLIES

Re: How to Hide a NX Dialog?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Note the dialog would only be invoked by the user doing something (e.g. clicking on an icon that points to the dialog file). 

What are you trying to achieve?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I have invoked a dialog using BlockStylerUI.

here is its sample code

theUI = UI.GetUI();
theDlxFileName = "boundingBox.dlx";
theDialog = theUI.CreateDialog(theDlxFileName);
theDialog.AddApplyHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.Apply(apply_cb));
theDialog.AddOkHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.Ok(ok_cb));
theDialog.AddUpdateHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.Update(update_cb));
theDialog.AddInitializeHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.Initialize(initialize_cb));
theDialog.AddDialogShownHandler(new NXOpen.BlockStyler.BlockDialog.DialogShown(dialogShown_cb));

I just Want to hide this dialog OR make it invisible though it is active.

Is it possible?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Why do you want to hide the dialog, I have never had a need to hide a dialog at all?

Manually you can click on the title bar of the dialog, which hides it in some way and you have to click the title bar again to show it, but I doubt this can be done in a programmatic way.

Still what is your work-flow with this dialog, that needs it to be hidden?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I want to invoke a custom  dialog .This dialog's life is linked to Nx Dialog.While custom dialog is in active state,Nx dialog also in active but it should be invisible or hidden?Thats why I want to know how to make NX dialog invisible or hidden.

Phenom
Phenom

You could just disable all the controls on the BlockDialog while your custom dialog is open..

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There seems to be no way to do this, see Dialog box properties of the NX programming documentation, where only the label can be Set at runtime, everything else is Get, Initialize and Create only.

Why not integrate the second dialog into the first one each as its own group, so you can hide and show both groups at will?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community