Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an attribute from a specific UDF

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hallo everyone, i need some help if anyone knows.

I have made some UDF'S and i want NX to create an attribute on part when i use a specific udf.

Does anyone have a NX Open application that inserts the UDF and creates at the same time the part attribute? 

Thanks alot

5 REPLIES

Re: How to create an attribute from a specific UDF

Genius
Genius
Do you want to have an NXOpen application that inserts a given UDF and then creates a part attribute? Or do you already have an NXOpen application that inserts a given UDF and you want to add just the part attribute creation?
Have you tried to add the part attribute to the UDF part and looked if the part attribute is added automatically (could be, I have no clue)
Another option could be an NXOpen script that searches for this particular UDF in the feature list and then adds a part attribute. This would also "correct" old parts containing this UDF...

regards,
josch

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for you answer, i had try as you said to put an attribute to UDF part but it didn't pass automatically to main part, and i don't know if is it possible.I believe that the best solution is as you said to have an NXOpen application that inserts the given UDF and then to create a part attribute, but i don't know how to do it.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You should be able to attribute an object in the UDF (e.g. a face) and have that attribute (on the equivalent face) available in the part where the UDF is used.

Object (face/edge) names (I think) are also supported this way.

Note if you use the same attribute title, what should happen when you add the 2nd UDF?

What are you trying to achieve?

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius
OK, I think you should explain what your "end goal" is. Why do you need the attribute?

(have you tried to record a journal, while inserting the UDF and creating a part attribute manually?)

Experimenter
Experimenter

The ''end goall'' is to appear this attribute at a BOM list cell. I need also, when i delete the UDF from part, and automatically deleted from BOM cell.

I need all of that because i insert automatically the BOM to my company's ERP.