Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to create complex UI

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am using C#, I made the *.CS that comes out of the BlockStyler a partial class and added the methods in a second *.CS file. That way I don't have to change too much when updating the Dialog...

Thanks everyone for the input!

Re: How to create complex UI

Experimenter
Experimenter

@Inch wrote:

I'm not sure what language you're using, but I guess VB or C#, which I'm not really familiar with. We're using Java which has very different structure and requirements. I've heard of others creating partial classes (in C# I think), but thats not possible in Java, so we've come up with another solution that does not use the code generated by Blockstyler at all.

The only thing I should say is do not use the code generated by Blockstyler directly, always make a copy because if you edit the dialog in Blockstyler and save it, it will overwrite the source code too and you'll lose all of your edits.

Just want to point out that you can use the autogenerated code directly and still make updates to your form.  When you click "save" within the UI Block Styler application, it immediately saves the .dlx file.  It then prompts you on whether you'd like to update the auto-generated code.  As long as you click NO, none of your existing code will be overwritten.  If you've added anthing to your form or changed the settings of any of your blocks these changes are saved into the .dlx file.  If you've added a new element, you would need to add the few lines of code manually to your VB code to call the new block, but you can simply copy the syntax of all the other blocks that were auto-generated.  Pretty simple to add/remove items, you just are doing it manually at that point (aka, how you would normally do it without the luxury of the auto-gen feature).

Still a good idea to keep a second copy of your code somewhere in case you (or a colleague) accidentally overwrite your code during form changes.